I am honored and excited to begin my new responsibilities as the HIUG President. I feel privileged to have been selected by the HIUG Board for this position and look forward to serving as your president. My predecessors have set a high standard and I strive to live up to their distinguished example.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Joy McIntosh who has served as our president for the last three years. Joy’s dedication and leadership in all of the roles she has served in over the years is greatly appreciated. It is because of the deep knowledge, exceptional stewardship and incredible dedication of Joy in addition to others both past and present who have served on the HIUG Board that HIUG has continued to grow its footprint and move the group in new directions. HIUG will continue to benefit from Joy’s knowledge and experience as she begins her new role on the HIUG Board as Current Past Chair.
I am also very pleased to introduce the new slate of officers, returning and newly elected pillar chairs and returning Liaison Board members. As your board we are committed to continue to enhance the value, advocacy, increase engagement, and move our organization in new directions.
New Slate of Officers:
- President - Deb Hetrick, Ohio Health
- Vice President - Ravi Inaganti, Main Line Health Inc.
- Current Past President - Joy McIntosh, Lahey Health
- Treasurer/Secretary - Cathy Boulay, Lahey Health
- Membership Chair - Trudy Melzer Pavlik, UPMC
- Event Chair - Bernadette Dorris, Erlanger Health System
Returning Pillar Chairs:
- BI Pillar Co-Chair - April Hurless, Adventist Health System
- HCM Pillar Co-Chair - Allison Filippone, Children's Hospital Colorado
- HCM Pillar Co-Chair - Mark C. Wallace, Main Line Health Inc.
- SCM Pillar Co-Chair - Jennifer Hey, UPMC
- Technology Pillar Co-Chair - Svetlana Slavova, Sarasota Memorial Health Care System
- Technology Pillar Co-Chair - Madhu Narne, Adventist Health System
Newly Elected Pillar Chairs:
- Financials Pillar Co-Chair - Wendy Saxe, UPMC
- SCM Pillar Co-Chair - Courtney Holgate, Samaritan Health Services
Newly Appointed Pillar Chair:
- Financials Pillar Co-Chair - Valerie Truell, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
Returning Liaison Board Members:
- Executive Liaison - Chuck Watson, UPMC
- Oracle Liaison - Mary Kilmer, Oracle
As the healthcare industry continues to undergo significant transformation through the Affordable Care Act (ACA), evolve from volume to value-based care and Oracle product mix continues advance/expand it brings about many challenges and opportunities. I look forward to working with the Board continuing our mission to serve the Oracle Healthcare community to realize the full benefit of investments in people, products, and processes by offering rich forums for networking, education, knowledge sharing, access to Oracle resources as well as the opportunity to directly influence Oracle’s product direction.