We have reached another “change of seasons” on the calendar. Spring is here and it always brings to mind that period of new growth and fresh starts. It is appropriate and timely that we are focused with this mindset, as the healthcare industry is experiencing a period of change that is hitting from all sides. The members of HIUG need to position their organizations to prepare and respond proactively in this evolving landscape. It will require new ideas, flexibility and engagement to lead your business into this value based world.
So with this in mind I would like to share a few upcoming events and dates of significance for you and your organizations leaders.
At past Interact conferences, we have had a one-day Executive Forum event for the senior leaders in our member organizations. We will continue to host that event on-site at the conference this year, and here is a sampling of topics being proposed:
- Trends in Healthcare 2017 and beyond
- Oracle’s Application Development Strategy & Vision
- Cloud Roundtable – Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- Obamacare to Trumpcare – What’s it all about?
- Demystifying Big Data and Machine Learning for Healthcare
This same group, has decided to meet quarterly via conference call. Our Executive Advisor, Warren Harber, Kaiser-Permanente, has scheduled the first of these Executive Strategy meetings next Wednesday March 29th. If your executive leaders have an interest in this group, please ask them to subscribe to our Executive Community at the HIUG.org site.
Our annual Interact Conference is fast approaching and that content is being finalized and published soon. With over 165 sessions led by our members, Oracle and Event sponsors, there is certain to be something of value for everyone. You can expect to experience content in this manner:
- Meet the Experts - Specialists on a range of products and solutions will be available to discuss what is available, help you map the best path for your enterprise, and answer the questions that keep you up at night
- Hands-on workshops, clinics and demonstrations
- Learn from key Oracle representatives about what’s new and how to leverage your current investment
- Members share their experience with the products, and community members have a platform for networking
Don’t forget that the Early Bird registration rate ends April 28th, so make sure to get online and complete the registration process. I hope to see you and your colleagues in Orlando at the conference. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to interact with you healthcare community members and vendors.
“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” - George Bernard Shaw