In just over 3 weeks, many of us will be gathered in Orlando, Florida at the HIUG Interact 2017 Conference. I can only hope that those of you that have the good fortune to attend are as excited about it as I am. The HIUG board has been working with much diligence this past year to ensure we have high quality content, and provide you with a platform for learning and networking in your communities. With over 160 sessions to choose from, it is certain that you and your organization will benefit from actively participating in this event.
If you are still sitting on the fence about whether to attend Interact this year, let me point out some of the reasons to join us and the new features being implemented this year:
- NEW - Introduced CPE credit eligibility for 27 sessions offered this year
- Offering more Oracle Cloud content integrated into each of our Community tracks
- Extended our conference hours to include a full day of content on Wednesday.
- By invitation – Full day Executive Forum offers the senior leaders in your organization a platform for strategic discussions
- Sponsorship of Camp Boggy – a local charity in the Orlando area – you can help leave a positive imprint on the community
- Healthcare, Oracle and Member Keynotes – key themes and issues of importance to everyone in Healthcare today
- Improved conference interaction with our Interact 2017 mobile App
We also utilize this time each year to elicit nominations and run elections for the Community Co-Chair positions for your HIUG Board. This year’s nomination cycle just ended and the election process is now open on-line for the membership to vote on the representatives to our Communities for: Data Analytics, Human Capital Management, Technology and Tools, and Supply Chain Management. Please take time to vote and encourage other members in your organization to do so as well.
As your organization plots its course through this complex and rapidly evolving space in Healthcare, I hope that HIUG and the combined vision of its members can help you: make informed decisions; inspire you to innovate; engage in learning; invest in your people and technology; and “Interact” with your fellow HIUG members. I hope to see many of you in June in Orlando.
“If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old.” – Peter F. Drucker