I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and has a chance for some downtime with family and friends. I am writing to you on the heels of another successful Interact Conference. We have heard from many of you that attended, about the value it provided for you and your organizations. Here are some of the key statistics and highlights from the event:
- We had just over 600 members in attendance representing more than 80 healthcare organizations.
- There was great content (160+ sessions), that I would encourage everyone to check out in our Interact 2017 file library on the HIUG site.
- 43 Vendor partners/exhibitors supported the event. See the full list here.
- We added more than 25 CPE accredited sessions to the agenda, and 74 of our attendees took advantage of this accreditation opportunity.
- New this year was our participation in a community service project for an organization (Camp Boggy Creek) in our host city.
- Lastly, we continued to enhance and improve on the event experience with our conference app. This may allow us to go green in the near future.
Now I would like to switch gears and make an announcement that is difficult but necessary at this point. Relative to my work commitments, I will be stepping down as President of HIUG this month, and moving into an advisory role to the board as the Current Past President. I will continue to remain engaged with HIUG and look forward to my continued participation with the group. I have served as a member of this board for 10 years and can speak proudly to the growth and progressive thinking that has evolved with this group over that time. I thank everyone who has supported and encouraged me over the years, and trust we will still be working together in the future.
You will be left in very capable hands, with a seasoned executive board, and it is my pleasure to announce that Ravi Inaganti will move up from the Vice Presidents role to be your new President. Cathy Boulay will take the Vice Chair role and share Financial responsibilities with Trudy Melzer-Pavlik our Membership Chair. Bernadette Dorris remains the Event Chair, and Courtney Holgate, our Communications Chair will assist with Membership and Secretary duties. You also have a very committed group of Community Co-Chairs leading the continued effort to facilitate the sharing of content and networking of our organizations. Lastly, thank you to Joy McIntosh who has served as our Current Past President and advisor over the last 2 years.
It has been my honor to have been involved with all of you at HIUG for more than 17 years, and I look forward to continued involvement in the future. This is not good-bye, but rather see you later.
“Look on every exit as being an entrance somewhere else.” – Tom Stoppard