Are you ready to Present?
Be presentation day ready!
We got you covered!
If you missed the Presenter Training, be sure to check out the recording to catch up on all the logistics. We covered session logistics, and answer all your questions to prepare you for your virtual session.
Presenter Practice Session - June 1-4, 2021
Make sure you're as prepared as possible before your session! Things to keep in mind while you develop your session: headset for audio quality, internet connection, lighting, background setting, potential background noise, and attire. Take the time to prepare yourself and make your presentation a huge success!
RESISTER FOR A PRACTICE:
1. Select a timeslot. (All presenter practice times are displayed in US Eastern.)
2. Select the date that works for you. (Presenter Practices will from June 1-4, 2021.)
3. Finish your registration.
Live Poll Questions
During your virtual presentation, you have the opportunity to ask live poll questions to your session attendees. If you are interested in asking a live poll question, please submit the poll details below. Be sure to give us the question, selection type (single or multiple choice), and the answer possibilities. Submissions are due by Friday, May 28.
Tips & Tricks
Whether this is your first or hundredth virtual presentation, we want to help set you up for success! Below are a few quick articles to give you some helpful tips on how to present virtually in an engaging way.
Upload Session Files
All presenters are asked to prepare a visual presentation using Microsoft's PowerPoint so that session materials can be made available to the attendees via the conference website. Having a copy of the PowerPoint or handouts to take notes is extremely helpful for attendees. Presenters should upload the most current version of the presentation prior to the conference and upload any updates after the conference while the topic is fresh for everyone.
To upload your presentation:
- Go to My Presentations.
- Find and click on the presentation you need to upload the file(s).
- Click the icon on the left, and upload each of your files.
NOTE: If you have any problems uploading files, please forward your files with the conference name, session number, and title to Interact@HIUG.org so they can be added to the system on your behalf.
View Your Session: go to My Presentations and select the session to review (you must have a HIUG login to access).
View Presenter Information
CPE Presenter Instructions
We have again expanded our CPE credit offerings for Interact 2021 Virtual.
Read below for more information about being a CPE Presenter:
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) is a requirement for a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to maintain an active license.
- We will have a housekeeping slide at the beginning of the session announcing the session is CPE eligible and remind attendees of the session requirements.
- Audience engagement is a required slide for all CPE sessions. Regular sessions must have at least one (1) question that engages audience participation. Workshop sessions must have at least three (3) questions that engage audience participation. Be sure to include these questions on a slide in your PowerPoint presentation.
- Sessions that are classified as regular sessions should have 50 minutes of content. Sessions that are classified as workshop sessions should have 150 minutes of content. Attendees in the sessions that do not meet the time requirement will receive partial credit for the time in the session.
- Sessions with Intermediate, Advanced, or Update knowledge level require a prerequisite (previous education, work experience, background knowledge). If the knowledge level is Basic or Overview and no prerequisites are required, please state "None". To update this information within your session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Session presentations must be uploaded to your session by Friday, May 14, 2021.
- Attendees participating in the Interact CPE program MUST:
- Complete the CPE Survey selecting the sessions you plan to attend by the end of Interact 2021 Virtual programmed events (June 17, 2021).
- Login/Register for each CPE session using your full legal name, organization, and marking that you are a CPE attendee.
- During the session, complete all necessary polls to acknowledge your presence. There will be a minimum of three polls per hour.
- Provide feedback after the conference by completing the CPE evaluation that will be sent to you.
- CPE is randomly audited by the National Association of State Boards for Accountancy (NASBA)
- The HIUG CPE Coordinator maintains CPE information for at least 5 years.
Community Chair Contact List
- All partners should refer to the Partner Information Page for session information. Partners may be co-presenters only if they are also registered for the Interact 2021 Virtual Conference. No exceptions will be made. If you are not sure about the status of one of your co-presenters, please email us at email@example.com for clarification.