You can add much of the content from your site to your Favorites and then easily access it at any time from your My Favorites page. In many cases, your Favorites will also be available to you from both the Navigation Bar and Menu Bar.
In addition, you can set notification preferences for your Favorites to receive daily, weekly, or monthly emails containing any new content. Doing so makes it easy to stay up-to-date on content that interests you without even having to log in to the site.
To access your favorites, select My Favorites from the My Options menu.
Your My Favorites page is divided into two areas:
- The left side lists the content from each of your Favorites (e.g., if you added a blog to your favorites, its associated articles will be listed in this area). This list is automatically updated and refreshed as new content becomes available. Using the Filter Favorites menu at the top-right, you can select which Favorites to show/hide, making it easier to locate specific content.
- The right side lists any blogs, communities, forums, etc., you have added to your Favorites, either while browsing your site or from the Edit Favorites/Notifications page. Refer to the Adding Favorites section below for more information.
There are two ways to add content to your Favorites:
- Clicking the Favorite button that is available for various types of content on your site (e.g., while viewing blogs and blog articles, forums and threads, and files).
- Directly from your My Favorites page.
Adding Favorites via the Favorite Button
You can add the following types of content to your Favorites:
- Blogs and blog articles
- File Library topics and file entries
- Forum topics and threads
- Wikis and wiki pages
Adding & Managing Favorites from your My Favorites Page
To add and manage Favorites, and their notifications, from your My Favorites page, click the Edit Favorites/Notifications button.
From here, you can:
- Click the Notification button to set a notification period that only applies to the associated favorite. Options include None, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Click the Delete button to remove the favorite.
- Click the Add button to add a favorite of the associated type (e.g., Blogs, Communities, etc.). For example, if you wanted to add a community to your Favorites, simply click the Add button in the Communities area and select the desired community in the pop-up.
- Click the Notifications button to set a default notification period that applies to all Favorites of the associated type. This option is useful if you want to set a notification period for an entire group of Favorites rather than setting each one individually. Options include None, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.